RPIRG is calling all dedicated and ambitious candidates to apply for our Executive Director position! This position works with a student Board of Directors and staff to carry out the environmental and social justice programming of the organization, as well as maintaining our organizational resources. The start date will be August 1, 2012, but this is negotiable.
If you enjoy organizing, working with university students, and are passionate about justice issues, this may be your dream job! Please take a look at the full Executive Director Job Posting for more information.
The ideal candidate would have ties to Regina’s activist community and experience working with non-profits. The Executive Director will work with a volunteer Board of Directors, and is accountable to them. Together they will establish and update the policies and direction of the organization on an ongoing basis. This will require an understanding of campus life and the flexibility to work with university students.
The successful candidate will have experience with the following:
• Acting in a leadership role by providing organizational and board support to the volunteer student Board of Directors.
• Taking part in regular board meetings and committee meetings, and participating fully in the consensus decision making process.
• Managing day-to-day operations of the organization, including financial management and compliance with the Non-Profit Corporations Act.
• Human Resources duties, including hiring, training, supervising and evaluating staff.
• Working with board and staff to allocate funds for student-led Working Groups and projects or events.
• Acting as an ambassador for RPIRG, assuming an active role in RPIRG, campus, and community events, and coordinating board-run events such as an annual summer camp, workshops, and conferences.
• Maintaining and strengthening relationships with all on-campus groups.
• Participating in the public relations, outreach, and communication roles for the whole organization, including updating web content, being present at funded events, and working with the media.
• Fostering student activism!
Qualified candidates will also possess the following:
• A combination of appropriate education and applicable experience.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision.
• Able to work as a team member and to foster participation.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Computer skills (website management, Microsoft programs).
This position is permanent at 30 hours per week (75% of full time). The salary range is $25,000-$35,000 per year based on qualifications and is accompanied by a benefits package.
Applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a cover letter outlining the applicant’s interest and qualifications for the position. Deadline for applications is Friday, July 20, 2012 at 4 p.m. The preferred start date is August 1, 2012, but this is negotiable. For more information about the organization please see www.rpirg.org.