Registration for the Advocacy & NGOs: Understanding the Power They Have Toolkit Workshop is NOW OPEN.
Register here for the 2016-2017 Toolkit Workshop Series by following these simple steps:
- FILL OUT FORM BELOW – The form is it’s own window inserted onto this webpage, you must scroll down and complete all relevant sections, click ‘send form’, and wait for the confirmation. (If you do not complete the below form you may miss out on important updates, and we may not be able to make special accommodations without notice.)
- If paying with PayPal, please click the PayPal button located below the form. Other methods of payment include cheque or cash that can be dropped off or mailed to the RPIRG office prior to the workshop. ALL CHEQUES are to be made payable to the “Regina Public Interest Research Group”
THIS MONTH’S WORKSHOP – Advocacy & NGOs: Understanding the Power They Have – April 12th, 2017:
As an employee of a NGO you hold the great value of being able to provide the groundwork for authentic and meaningful change. Your efforts can transform the status quo. This workshop will set the stage for change by learning the key elements of a process that can lead to success. Educate, communicate, advocate. The objectives of the class will help participants learn how to;
* develop a strategic framework for advocacy,
* invoke creativity and innovation into change and understand which tactics might work best
* mobilize grass roots communities and decision-makers.
Donna Ziegler has been a leader in advocacy for more than 20 years. For the last 10 years she worked as the Director overseeing advocacy for a local charity, she has been an elected member of a school division for 17 years and currently sits as Board Chair. Donna has been a sessional lecturer at the University of Regina in the Continuing Education Public Relations department for the last 3 years, she has a Masters of Professional Communication with a special interest in International and Intercultural Communication from Royal Roads University and a Public Relations Certificate from the University of Regina.
Thank you for registering for our Toolkit Workshop Series! You will receive an email update the day before the workshop that will give you more information about the morning’s events! Thank you!