Starting in August 2018, RPIRG will be providing a micro grant for smaller scale funding needs. The 2018-19 year will serve as a pilot project, with a $5000 budget. Due to the smaller funding amount, applicants will be able to simply email in a short application, instead of filling in the our regular grant forms. Non-RPIRG members will be eligible to apply.
HOW IT WORKS
- What is eligible: projects, events, conferences, training, or travel funding that relate to social or environmental justice.
- Who is eligible: University of Regina students, or Regina community members can apply for up to $200, once per RPIRG fiscal year (May 1-April 30), by simply emailing in a short application, rather than filling in our regular grant application form. Only one application per initiative will be considered. Unlike our other funding categories, micro grant funding is open to non-RPIRG members.
- Applications will be received and considered on a rolling basis, until funding has been fully used up ($5000 for this year)
- Successful applicants will be required to submit receipts or invoices for items purchased
Email the RPIRG Executive Director (email@example.com) with the subject “micro grant application.” Please include:
- Name and student number (or organization/initiative if not a student)
- purpose of funding and its connection to social or environmental justice (up to one paragraph)
- If a project or event, please send us a link or other info if you’d like us to help promote your event!
- Please allow for up to 2 weeks for your application to be considered and/or approved
Information on this and our other funding categories can be found here.
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org!