RPIRG is hiring a new Outreach and Events Coordinator for the new school year, and we are looking for your application!!
What does it take to be the O&E???
**This position is only being offered to students at the University of Regina**
- Event coordination: Organize, plan, promote, recruit and carry out all aspects of RPIRG’s events, including Welcome Week, Annual General Meetings, elections, conferences, camps and campaigns.
- Community relations/networking: Establish contacts and maintain communication with students, campus groups, U of R faculty, and community groups for the purpose of outreach and community awareness on issues of public interest.
- Marketing to raise awareness of RPIRG student opportunities and events, including producing a monthly newsletter, ensuring board and staff attendance at funded events, and creating and ordering PR materials
- Volunteer coordination: recruitment, retention and management of the organization’s volunteers.
- Manage the Faculty and Community Advisory Committee including, organizing and running meetings, and facilitating all communication with the committee.
- Facilitating, ordering, and organization of the alternative library resources.
- Managing RPIRG’s online presence including updating the website and managing all social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Participate in regular board meetings and committee meetings, by participating in the consensus decision making process, providing all relevant information to the board, including activity reports, and following up with board and staff to ensure the timely completion of tasks.
- Public interest issues relevant to students and/or the community of Regina
- Volunteer management, recruitment and retention
- Event coordinating, management, and promotion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work without supervision
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Computer skills (internet, word processing, spreadsheets, graphic design)
- Interest in and willingness to work in a leadership role with student volunteers, using a consensus decision-making process
Contract Period: August 31st, 2015 to April 29, 2016, with possibility for renewal.
Hours of Work: 20-25 hours per week. Hours are flexible.
Reports to: Reports to and accepts direction from the Board of Directors and the Executive Director
Application Deadline: July 31st, 2015 at 4pm.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Click here to see the SaskJobs job posting.