RPIRG Summer Administrative Assistant
The Regina Public Interest Research Group (RPIRG) is a student-run and funded non-profit organization dedicated to community-based research, education, and action in the public interest. RPIRG exists to provide its members with the resources to be active citizens on the University of Regina campus and in the wider community.
RPIRG has been in operation since 2007. For more information about us, please visit our website www.rpirg.org
We are seeking a knowledgeable and self-motivated student to conduct a survey of our partners organizations across Canada, and assist with other ongoing administrative projects. Current or returning University of Regina students will be prioritized for this position. This includes students enrolled through Campion College, Luther College, and First Nations University of Canada.
- With guidance of Executive Director, draft and conduct survey on current priorities of counterpart organizations across Canada (approx. 20 organizations)
- compile survey results into final report
- assist with other programming, such as RPIRG’s annual leadership camp ‘Generating Momentum’ or other outreach activities
- assist with other administrative needs, such as data collection or policy research
Canada Summer Jobs requirements:
To be eligible, youth must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Non-profit and small office administration experience an asset
- Knowledge of anti-oppressive and anti-racist frameworks an asset
- Interest in social justice issues and community engagement an asset
- Knowledge of current realities of student life and campus organizing an asset
- Conducting surveys – including interviews, data collection, and reporting
- Microsoft office applications – word, excel, powerpoint
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision while taking direction from staff
- Policy research and drafting an asset
- General office administration – communications,
Contract Period: 8 weeks from July 8-August 30, 2019
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week. Hours are flexible, and some administrative work can be completed out of office.
Location of work: is in Regina, Saskatchewan
Remuneration: $21.16/hr including vacation pay.
Application Deadline: Monday, June 3 at 12pm.
**We actively encourage applicants to identify if they are part of groups, communities, or have identities that experience barriers to equity**
To apply, please prepare the following:
- Resume and Cover Letter, in one document (include your name in title of document). Cover letters should explain how your skills and experience will benefit you specifically in this role.
- Contact information of two references
And send it to:
Krystal Lewis, Executive Director
Regina Public Interest Research Group (RPIRG)
This position has been funded in part with generous support from the Canada Summer Jobs funding program.