Volunteering in your community is part of an education that is often overlooked, and always under-emphasized. Becoming involved with the work that RPIRG does on and off of campus benefits every party involved: the community, the organization, and the volunteer.
Volunteers for RPIRG can do any combination of the following:
- Become an RPIRG Board Member!
- Contribute to event planning
- Research background information for campus campaigns
- Distribute RPIRG materials
- Take minutes at Board Meetings
- Do classroom talks and table for RPIRG at events
- Make and hang posters or buttons
- Whatever else you want/we need!
Many of our working groups are often on the look out for volunteers. These groups hold their own events and campaigns throughout the year. Information about each working group can be found here.
Other perks for volunteers:
- Snappy fairly made RPIRG T-shirt
- Letter of recommendation or reference
If you would like to volunteer with RPIRG or with any of our current working groups, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
(Alternatively, if you are looking to volunteer specifically with the RPIRG Green Patch, click here for more information.)