Working Groups are often referred to as the heart of a PIRG. They are semi-autonomous groups of students and community members who organize around specific issues of environmental and social justice.
Upon approved application, a Working Group will receive:
- Support and funding of up to $500 per semester,
- Space on the RPIRG webpage,
- Access to office resources, such as photocopying and the button maker,
- Networking access, and
- The ability to apply for Project/Event funding.
Do you have an idea for a working group? RPIRG has yearly funds available for working groups. If you are interested in forming a Working Group, fill out the Working Group Application online (accessed HERE). RPIRG staff would be happy to assist you in making your application a successful one!
Active Working Groups
The following Working Groups are currently taking action in their area of interest. If you would like to join one of these groups, please contact the group directly at the email address provided!
- SEARCH – Student Energy in Action for Regina Community Health
- Regina Blue Dot Movement
- Listen To Dis’
- UR STARS
- Two-Spirit Group
- South Sudanese Youth of Canada
Past Working Groups
For information about past working groups of RPIRG, visit the Past Working Groups page.