RPIRG is now hiring for the Green Patch Coordinator position for the 2014 season! The garden has been planted, and needs a caregiver!
**This position is only being offered to students at the University of Regina**
In partnership with Wascana Centre Authority, Facilities Management at the U of R, the Institute francais, and First Nations University of Canada, we are seeking a knowledgeable and self-motivated student to supervise and coordinate the third season of the RPIRG Green Patch, the third garden in Regina’s Edible Campus project.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers for garden maintenance, and harvesting.
- Ensuring the general maintenance of the garden, including following-up with volunteer work.
- Supervising harvests, and coordinating distribution between volunteers and community partners.
- Participating in steering committee meetings, as well as providing all relevant information to the steering committee, including bi-monthly activity reports.
- Establishing contacts and maintaining communication with students, campus groups, U of R faculty, and community groups for the purpose of outreach and community awareness of the garden.
- Developing and delivering or coordinating workshops and lessons for U of R classes and campus organizations
- Producing a post-harvest report with a summary of activities and recommendations for future years of the project.
- Planting seasons and ideal growing conditions for various plants and vegetables in Saskatchewan
- Organic garden upkeep and maintenance, including watering, weeding, pest management, etc.
- Volunteer management, recruitment, and retention
- Interest in, and willingness to work in a leadership role with student and community volunteers
- Experience planting and harvesting a variety of plants and vegetables
- Self-motivated, ability to work without supervision, while taking directions from a committee
- Computer skills (internet, word processing, spreadsheets)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and willingness to raise awareness about the garden in various capacities
Contract Period: June 14, 2014-October 3, 2014
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week with possibility of more hours up to 30/week
Application Deadline: June 11, 2014
For more information, please visit: http://rpirg.org/events-projects/reginas-edible-campus/
Email a CV/resume and cover letter to info[at]rpirg.org